The COVID-19 vaccine recently gained approval for children ages 5 to 11, and vaccination of children in our community is underway. (Click here for more information about how your children can receive the vaccine at Longstreet Clinic.) However, we recognize that the vaccine must also earn what could be argued is the most important seal of approval of all – parents!
Representatives of the Community COVID-19 Vaccine Coalition recently gathered to answer the most common questions they are hearing about the COVID-19 Vaccine and kids so parents can make informed decisions for their families.
Our panelists include:
- Dr. Saima Hussain, Longstreet Clinic Pediatrician
- Dr. Katherine Herzog, Longstreet Clinic Pediatrician
- Dr. Megan Farley, Longstreet Clinic Pediatrician
- Dr. Supriya Mannepalli, NGHS/NGPG Medical Director for Infectious Disease
- Dr. Zachary Taylor, Georgia Department of Public Health’s District 2 Medical Director
The discussion took place on Nov. 16, 2021. You can watch below.