The COVID-19 vaccine recently gained approval for children 12 and older, and vaccination of adolescents in our community is underway. However, we recognize that the vaccine must also earn what could be argued is the most important seal of approval of all – parents! We were excited to welcome a variety of physician representatives from the Community COVID-19 Vaccine Coalition who answered common questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and kids in hopes of helping parents make informed decisions for their families. We were also pleased to welcome local school administrators and personnel to provide some perspective on what to expect in the coming school year.
Our panel on May 25, 2021, included:
- Dr. Saima Hussain, Longstreet Clinic pediatrician
- Dr. Megan Farley, Longstreet Clinic pediatrician
- Dr. Supriya Mannepalli, Northeast Georgia Health System’s Medical Director for Infectious Disease
- Dr. Zachary Taylor, Georgia Department of Public Health’s District 2 Medical Director
- Jeremy Williams, Gainesville City School System Superintendent
- Dawn Wales, Gainesville City School System Health Services Coordinator
- Tamara Etterling, Hall County School System Director of Student Services
- Andrea Williamson-English Hall County School System Health Services Coordinator
- Scarlet Pendarvis, RN, Lakeview Academy School Nurse
Didn’t catch the video live? Watch it below
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, click here.