Seeking treatment for a neurological disorder or injury can be a daunting task. At Longstreet Clinic, we strive to be doctors you can trust with expert knowledge in medical and surgical care. When you have been diagnosed with a spinal condition, it is important to make an informed decision when it comes to treatment.
Physicians at Longstreet Clinic may recommend a surgical or non-surgical treatment options for certain spinal conditions.
Common treatment techniques
- Laminectomy: The physician creates space by removing a piece of the bone, relieving the pressure on the spinal cord.
- Fusion: This procedure involves removing the damaged disc and replacing with a bone graft or substitute allowing the vertebrae to fuse.
- Arthroplasty: During this procedure the damaged disc is replaced with an artificial disc.
Surgical treatment options
Below are some surgical treatment options, including minimally invasive techniques, for spinal conditions that our team of neurosurgeons might recommend.
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion (DLIF)
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Cervical Arthroplasty
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion
For more information or to request a consultation with one of our trusted neurosurgeons, call 770-533-7288.