As children with growing immune systems are prone to illnesses, they will often express concerning symptoms and discomfort. As loving parents, one of our greatest worries is our children being sick or getting hurt.
The pediatricians at Longstreet Clinic Pediatrics have empathy for ill children and recognize that there is never a convenient time to be sick. We understand the importance of having access to your children’s pediatric clinic when they are ill. As parents, you gain peace of mind knowing your child is receiving quality care from the practice both you and your child are most familiar with.
Common illnesses in children
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Ear Infection
- Strep Throat
We offer same-day appointments for established patients to diagnose and treat illnesses as soon as we are notified. Our pediatric offices include two waiting rooms to welcome both well and sick children. For convenience of those parents taking their sick children to the doctor, we offer an on-site pharmacy in Gainesville to eliminate an extra stop on your drive home.
Also in Gainesville, Pedi Express Care provides added convenience for treatment of common childhood illnesses.
ATTENTION: Unfortunately Pediatric Urgent Care is temporarily closed. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to reopen soon.
When to see a doctor
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Fever, sore throat, ear pain, headache, or eye drainage (“pink eye”)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain or constipation
- Frequent or painful urination
- Minor allergic reactions or rashes
- Sprains, strains, or broken bones (without obvious deformity)
Sometimes situations arise when children become ill and are in need of urgent care outside of our regular office hours. If your child is experiencing an emergency, call 911. Emergency symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Life-threatening or disabling conditions
- Severe shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or respiratory distress
- Sudden or unexplained loss of consciousness
- Wounds that need repair
If you are a patient with an urgent problem but that doesn’t seem appropriate for 911, we recommend you contact your pediatrician’s office:
- Gainesville: (770) 535-3611
- Oakwood: (770) 533-6500
- Buford: (770) 932-8519
- Baldwin: (706) 776-2368
- Braselton: (678) 207-4200
If it is after hours, follow the prompts to reach the Longstreet Clinic pediatrician on call.
The pediatricians at Longstreet Clinic are devoted to providing quality comprehensive medical care for children from newborns to adolescents at five convenient locations.